Sunday, November 21, 2010

Center Ice

We had another busy, but fun weekend.  The highlights included the arrival of Gordy's Mom and Dad from California and Henry's two goals at his hockey game on Sunday morning. 

On Friday, Janet and I ran some errands before picking Josie up from kindergarten and taking her out to lunch at a local pub.  Josie was very excited about this event because it combined two of her favorite things:  Janet and eating. 


Doesn't Josie look thrilled to be dining with the ladies?  She didn't look as happy five minutes later when her hotdog slid out of its bun and landed on the floor under the table. 

It was nice for Josie to get this treat because November is the peak of the Nutcracker season and she's been doing nothing but rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing.  Both she and Georgia had Nutcracker rehearsal on Saturday and Georgia also had an additional rehearsal on Sunday.  Luckily, soccer and swimming are over for the year, so it was their only obligation. 

Grandma and Grandpa arrived on Saturday afternoon which allowed Gordy and me to slip off to the Bruins game in Boston.


 It was the Boston Bruins versus the LA Kings and it was a very exciting game.



I'm a New York Rangers fan, myself, but while I live in New England, I will gladly root for the Bruins too.   I love hockey.  I went to my first game (New Jersey Devils) with my friend Jen and her father back in the 1980's and I've been hooked ever since.  Gordy had season tickets to the Rangers when we lived in New York and it was always one of my favorite dates. 




We took this self-portrait at the beginning of the game so as not to annoy the hard-core fans around us.  It was a close game and the LA Kings won in a sudden death shoot-off. 

Sunday morning arrived and.... more hockey.  This time it was Henry's turn on the ice.  Henry's team played a great game and defeated their opponents 4-2.  Henry even scored two of the goals!  It was fun for Grandma and Grandpa to be able to watch such a terrific match and the close score made the whole game very exciting.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the same good luck with my picture taking.  The action shots (through Plexiglas, no less) turned out fine, but the pictures of our family watching the game came out all blurry. 

Here is a photo of blurry Georgia with Josie and Grandma.  This was before Grandma succumbed to the bitter cold of the ice rink and put on a babushka-like hat that made her look like she just stepped off the boat from the old country. 


Now it's Josie's turn to be blurry.  Honestly, I don't have any idea what was going on with my camera.  Maybe it too was affected by the cold?  Maybe it too needed a babushka?


Here is Henry, skillfully maneuvering around the enemy.


Here is Henry putting all those Laura Stamm Power Skating Camp skills to good use. 

After the game, I took a terrific group shot of Gordy, the three children and Grandma & Grandpa ..... which sadly was so blurry that I can't include it without giving you all a major headache.  Luckily, G&G will be here until after Thanksgiving, so I will have ample photo opportunities. 

Hope you enjoyed your weekend, too!

2 comments:

elisabethellington said...

Hockey is a sport I do not yet understand. At one time, I would have said I will never understand it, but given my mastery of football over the past three years, I am pretty sure I can eventually learn to understand--and even appreciate!--most sports. But for now, whenever we watch hockey (which Ryan loves), I'm all, where's the puck? What just happened? I don't understand! WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING?

Martha said...

Hee hee! I feel something very similar about baseball but for that sport its more "why can't this move faster! What are we waiting for! Why are they wearing such ugly pants..."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...