Sunday, January 30, 2011

My New Niece


I have a new niece!  Please let me introduce to you, Miss Dorothy Hyacinth, four weeks old.   Isn't she just beautiful?  Whenever I look at this photo, I just want to scoop her up and cover her with kisses.



Dorothy is an Olde English Bulldogge and Elizabeth gets to pick her up from the breeder in a little over a month.  The woman (I should say, family) who breeds these beautiful dogs lives near my parents and when Elizabeth travels to pick up Dorothy, I'm going to drive up too and spend the day getting to know my latest niece.


This little beauty has no idea how lucky she is.



My sister's last dog, Her Royal Queen Mum-ness, Tulip Jane, lived a long and well-pampered life. 


Here is Dorothy, day-dreaming about cheese steaks and Continental Congresses. 


Here is Dorothy, saying hello to one of the nice adults who are taking care of her until she is old enough to don her little rucksack and seek her fortune in the big city.

Like little Dorothy, we can't wait!

2 comments:

elisabethellington said...

Love little Dorothy! I've been thinking that I need a road trip too--a very long one!--to come visit little Dorothy. That nose! That face!

Elizabeth said...

I really want to kiss her on her little freckled nose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...