Wednesday, January 12, 2011

White Out!


We're having another blizzard!  I woke up to see this out my window.  We can barely see the houses on either side of us and the trees are all sagging from the weight of the snow. 


School was cancelled last night, even before a flake of snow had fallen.  It was fantastic to be able to sleep in and not have to wake up early to check the local news for school closings.


I'd say we have close to a foot of snow now and it's not supposed to stop until late tonight.



Gordy took the train this morning.  His footprints were the only disruption to the snow.  I followed them from the side door all the way down the driveway and up the street.  That was two hours ago and they are are almost entirely covered again. 

All three children have some school projects to work on but after we're finished, I'm going to bundle them up and take them outside for a "walk."  It's all very exciting!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm very jealous! We got a measley four inches. Hardly the "PLOWABLE SNOW!" we were promised for a week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...