Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Superbowl

This year, we watched the Super Bowl together as a family.  I made my traditional veggie chili (for myself, since I am the only one who will eat it) and Gordy made nachos for everyone else.  We made use of the many tarps we now own, to protect the family room carpet from salsa and sour cream.  This turned out to be a particularly good idea.  Within minutes of making her plate of nachos, Georgia spilled the entire thing - sour cream and all - onto the tarp covered rug.  In times of car crashes and ice dams, it is always nice to be able to prevent a few disasters.


Here is a picture of the children eating the appetizers (popcorn).  Note the scary Michael Douglas head, I captured on the tv.






I'm not quite sure what all the thumbs-up signs are for.  I guess they were signalling their approval of the junk food dinner.  It certainly wasn't the fact that the Packers were winning.  We really weren't routing for either team. 


The girls both crashed after the half-time show.  Henry stayed up until the end of the third quarter.  Usually, Gordy and I watch the Superbowl together using tivo to tape the game while we put the kids to bed.  We may go back to that practice next year, since all three children had hard times getting up Monday morning.  And they all seemed tired and whiny.  Happily for me, Monday was not a snow day and their whininess was someone else's problem for most of the day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...