Thursday, March 17, 2011

Introducing.... Dorothy


Please let me introduce to you, my new niece, Dorothy!  (seen here with her mother) 
Elizabeth drove to my parents house on Friday and picked up her new daughter from the breeder on Saturday.  By Sunday, I had also made the trek up north.  After all, it's not every day that you get to meet such a pretty little lady.


Dorothy is an Olde English Bulldogge -- and no, I'm not kidding.  That's actually how they spell it. 

I keep wondering if Elizabeth will take her to any shoppes in Philadelphia.


Dorothy is as adorable in person as she is in these pictures.  I couldn't believe how affectionate she was.  Within three minutes of my arrival, Dorothy had parked herself on my lap and was giving me kisses.


I don't know if this is a trait of all olde english bulldogges, but Dorothy has these unbelievable eyes - they are green and hazel-ish.


An Aunt and her Niece. 

When she is older, I will be the fun aunt who gives her treats when her mother is not looking.


Like all puppies, Dorothy's favorite activity is chewing.


Although that is perhaps tied with napping.


We left Dorothy with her Grandfather and went for a walk.

What's a trip to Granny's state without a trip to the waterfront?


Oh.  Beautiful.  Wish You Were Here


After the walk, it was time for me to say good-bye.  It's a three hour drive to my parent's house and I wanted to get home before the sun went down.  I'm almost 40, after all, and my night-time driving skills aren't the best.


Dorothy is at her permanent home now.  She is learning how to do her business on busy sidewalks and how to interact with city folks.  Once she's mastered these skills, she will be able to try her first cheesesteak and learn to love the iggles.  The next time I see her, she will be huge!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, As you know, I love the blog, but what is this! You want to be the "fun aunt who gives her niece treats when her mother is not looking." How come I am not allowed to be the fun grandmother who gives H, G and J ice cream when THEIR parents aren't looking?? Is this a great injustice or what? Grandma

elisabethellington said...

Dorothy in her striped sweater is one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life. She is BEAUTIFUL!!

Tara said...

OH LOVELY LUMPKINS! What a gorgeous gal! And her mum is looking so lovely too! That reminds me, I should go make "Oh Elizabeth" for dinner sometime soon.

Trish said...

I have selectively shown the girls some pictures.
Dorothy will find this hysterical!

Martha said...

I'm not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that your Dorothy played a big part in the naming of Dog Dorothy. Elizabeth has ALWAYS loved hearing about Josie's playdates with Dorothy.

Dorothy (the dog) is honored, I'm sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...