Friday, April 8, 2011

Dance Party

On Friday, Josie and I turned the music up loud and had a lunch-time dance party.



"He said 'hey sister, it's really, really nice to meet ya'
I just met this 4 foot 7 boy who's just my type"


"I like the way he's speaking
His confidence is peaking
Don't like his baggy jeans but I like the way he's thinking"


"Take me on a trip, I'd like to go someday"


"take me to New York, I'd love to see LA"


"I really want to, come kit it with you.  You'll be my American Boy.  American Boy"


"Dressed smart like a London bloke
Before he speak his suit bespoke
And you thought he was cute before
look at this P coat tell me he's broke"


"And I know you're not into all that
I heard your lyrics, I feel your spirit


But I sill talk that CA-A-ASH
Cause a lot of wags want to hear it"


"Would you be my love, my love, my love
Could you be my mine
Would you be my love, my love
Would you be my American Boy.  American Boy."

Ah Estelle and Kanye West.  Nothing like them to beat the end of the week blues!

If you want more, here's my personal favorite version of this song:


(From Gavin and Stacey, an amazing BBC series that is hysterically funny.  Put it in your Netflixs cue right away!)

2 comments:

Tara said...

What? No Madonna?

Martha said...

Hee hee. We are in a rap phase right now but lord knows, we are not above a little vogueing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...