Sunday, June 12, 2011

Invasion of The Smurfettes


My girls have been begging me to let them get a streak of color in their hair.

A STREAK OF COLOR.  IN THEIR HAIR.

...as if they were teenagers or something.

Georgia even went so far as to ask the hair cutter at her last trim if such a thing is possible.  

"You mean, a permanent streak of color?"  asked the hairdresser, in a manner that was way too excited to convey to you using mere words.

"No!" I said, "she means washable."

But that's not at all what Georgia meant.  And we both knew it.

I did what I often do in these situations, I put it out of my mind and hoped Georgia and Josie would too.

But then while in the drug store searching for sunscreen, I found this:


Clip on color!  And by Crayola, no less.

A small comb and clip later and voila:


Instant Avril Lavigne!


Josie wore hers in a ponytail.


Georgia preferred a more free-flowing look.


Fun, removable color.... and no showers required.  What could be better!

2 comments:

elisabethellington said...

Wow! I am pretty sure I didn't think of color in my hair until I was at least 13! Now that I've seen theirs, I want a blue streak too!

Martha said...

I like it too! I would have preferred a black streak so I could be a reverse skunk.

I've been working on a comment of my own for YOUR last blog post! For what it's worth until then, I think you are doing a fabulous job and more importantly, are doing everything right. It will get easier and you will have moments of happiness and peace. And you'll like being a parent - at least on some days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...