Sunday, July 10, 2011

An Unsolicited Product Endorsement


Georgia and Josie LOVE painted nails.  And they LOVE getting manicures. 

Professional "manicures" (I have that in quotes because I never pay for more than just a polish change on the rare occasion that I take the girls to a nail salon) are expensive and time consuming.  And little girls often don't make it past the threshold of the salon before smudging a nail.

I'm not a huge fan of taking the girls to get their nails done so I am always on the look-out for any product that makes home manicures easy and problem-free.

The other day, we discovered these:  Sally Hansen:  Real Nail Polish Strips.  At $10.75 for ten nails, they weren't exactly cheap, but the patterns were so amazing (and the begging was so determined), I decided to give them a try.

The instructions were very easy and clear and after the first nail, I had the hang of the whole peel-and-stick thing.


Georgia's chose a black and white flower pattern.


The only real problem was that these polish strips weren't sized for children.  Maybe they have child-sized strips but I didn't find them at our local drugstore.  Georgia's nails, obviously, are larger than Josie's so her application went more smoothly.


Josie chose a butterfly on white pattern.  Her little nails were VERY difficult to cover with the right-sized sticker, but that wasn't Sally Hansen's fault.


It took me about 15 minutes to do both girls.  There was no mess, no drying time and nothing to spill.  The package says that they should last up to 10 days, but I imagine Josie's won't last that long because they aren't fitted properly.

All in all, I thought this was a fantastic product.  Good job, Sally Hansen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...