Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Night At The Theatre


Last night, Gordy and I took the children to see a production of Annie at a some-what local theatre.  We left our home early, stopped off at a mall to pick up some suits Gordy was having altered, went into Salem for dinner and then finally ended up at the theatre.  It was 8:00 and already precariously close to Josie's bedtime.  We wondered if she would make it to the end of the play.


The North Shore Music Theatre is "in the the round," so the scenery was minimal.

I brought my tiny, pocket camera and got a few shots before an usher let me know that camera weren't allowed inside the theatre.  Whoops!  Sorry!


The performance was very good.  The girl who played Annie had a beautiful singing voice and the rest of the cast was good as well.  The play wasn't over until 10:30, though, which made it a very late night for my early risers.  Josie survived - but only just barely.  She spent the second act on my lap with her head resting on Gordy's shoulder.  Both Josie and Henry fell asleep within seconds of getting into the car.  

Annie was one of the first shows I saw on Broadway and Gordy saw it when he was young, too.  It's the prefect show for children as the scenes are relatively short and the songs are so catchy.  I'm sure I will be singing "The Sun Will Come Up" for the rest of the week.  Luckily for you, oh internet readers, you aren't close enough to have to listen to me!  Your ears are ever so grateful, I'm sure!

2 comments:

yoonikme said...

Your children look absolutely lovely!

Btw, did you wear a tiara to the theatre?

Kidding.
Cheers.

Martha said...

Oh if only I had a tiara.... Trust Me! I'd wear it every where!

Thanks so much for stopping by yoonikme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...