Monday, August 6, 2012

Greetings From Block Island




Greetings from Block Island!  We are having a marvelous time - the weather has been varied, the island has been welcoming, the views have been breath-taking.... oh, and the water treatment pump at our new rental house works, so that's something!

We arrived a week ago today, but now Gordy has left to go back to Massachusetts and the kids and I are are here on our own.  This morning, Henry, Georgia and Josie started various activities at the Block Island Club, which of course were all scheduled at separate times, thus making me drive to and fro all day long.  It was just like being at home - only the scenery was much, much better.


Before Gordy left, we had a proper family vacation.

There was a great deal of boogie-boarding and swimming in the ocean:



and picnicking out of the beach tent:


There was sand castle construction and giant hole digging:


and a great deal of merriment all around.

I spent the first week of vacation glued to my phone, waiting for the news that Elizabeth had gone into labor and that the baby was born.  Alas.  It is Monday night as I write this post, and Elizabeth and Sean have just checked into the hospital to start the induction.  Sunday was Elizabeth's due date and the doctor isn't taking any chances.  Elizabeth was told that it will be a slow process but I'll be sure to keep you all updated.  

Until then, if you need to find me, I'll be in my car driving back and forth between sailing, tennis and art lessons!  What else?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want to be on Block Island :)

Martha said...

Block Island is wonderful! As I type this, I'm sitting at a desk by a window with a direct view to the ocean. It would be incredibly relaxing, if only my kids weren't fighting downstairs!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What a great week for vaca. The girls miss you and can't wait until you get home. Tmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...