Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Elliots Do Disney (Part 2: Epcot)


On the second day of our Disney vacation, we went to Epcot.  I apologise in advance - I didn't take many photos at Epcot.  It was really hot and stormy and I mostly kept my camera safely tucked into it's carry case.  I did get a photo of the girls in front of the famous Epcot globe - although it's hard to really see said globe in the above photo since the haze does a great camoflauge job.  

We loved Epcot - even though I don't have the photographic evidence to prove it.  We loved the Soarin' California ride and the History of Technology showcase.  And obviously, the kids loved all the roller coaster-y bits.



My favorite was the visit to Norway where we acted like our Norwegian ancestors and pillaged the gift shop:


... and communed with the trolls:


and took tourist-y photos in the Norwegian square.


And we rode the Maelstrom - Norway's answer to the Pirates of the Carribean ride.  


The Maelstrom was excellent - viking ships and attacking trolls TOTALLY trump silly pirates any day.

By the afternoon, the daily Florida thunderstorms had hit Epcot and we spent a lot of our time finding awnings to duck under and stores in which to dry off.  We tried to see as many of the countries as we could.


Epcot was definitely a high-light on our Disney Vacation.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I was expecting you to NOT like Epcot. A lot of people I've talked to said it was their least favorite park. I had already completely took it out of any future Disney plans for us. Maybe I should reconsider!

Martha said...

It's that always the case! Some people's trash is another's treasure! We really loved Epcot - probably because it had the most "older" kid rides.

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

We loved Epcot, too, when we went and Soarin' was one of our favorite rides! We did it twice.

Martha said...

We did Soarin' twice, too! We loved that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...