Thursday, October 17, 2013

It Was Bound To Happen At Some Point...


My baby is now taller than me.


It was bound to happen at some point but that doesn't make it any less strange.


It happened really quickly, too.  One day he was shorter than me, the next he was my height and the day after that he was an inch taller and claiming that he could see the top of my head.


I do not want him to see the top of my head.


I had to go find someone shorter than I am to cheer myself up.


That's better.  Thanks, shorty.


9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha ha! I think you will always be able to see the top of Josie's head!

Meredith said...

Ha! Welcome to my world. Wait until your SECOND baby starts closing in fast....

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

Ha! My oldest is actual short for her age. She is mad that my middle is about to catch up to her. Hopefully, it will be a while before either of them is taller than me!

Martha said...

Beast! So true.

Martha said...

Avery is almost your height?!?! What the heck! I thought she was going to be a fellow short person!

Martha said...

Lisa - oh dear! Hopefully she'll have a growth spurt. And maybe you shouldn't tell her that my older sister is not as tall as my middle sister!

Tara said...

I am empathizing with you as I will be there soon enough. I'd better start saving for all the massages I'll need to work out the kinks in my neck when all my boys are towering above me! Too bad all those Sno-Caps in college didn't induce a post-adolescence growth spur eh?

Martha said...

Oh Tara, you are so right!!! You'd think the protein in all those Peanut Butter M&Ms would have gotten the growing job done! Meredith texted me a photo of her standing back to back with Lily - who is now 5'10"!!! These babies are getting hard to pick up! :)

Tara said...

Oh-I forgot about the PB M&Ms. Those just made us grow OUT didn't they? Shame, they're so good...I can still pick up my babies, barely. Probably why my back hurts so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...