Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Downton Elliot


Last night I didn't feel like having a typical Monday night dinner in the kitchen, so I channeled my inner-Downton Abbey instead.

I got out my grandmother's china and decided that we would drink from the fancy crystal in our dining room:


And since our dishes and location were feeling fancy, I decided that the girls and I should be too.  And that is why, when they were called to dinner, the girls were told to go upstairs and "Dress For Dinner."  

I would have banged a gong like Carson the Butler does at Downton Abbey, but we have no gong .... or a butler.

It was a small dinner party - only Lady Elliot, Miss Elliot and Miss Josephine attended.


Lord Elliot and Viscount Elliot were at a Bruins game.


Ours was a terrifically fancy dinner.  There was much clinking of glasses:


And the footmen served dinner in courses, like they do in elegant country houses:


Conversation revolved around the day's activities and upcoming holidays.


Miss Josephine enjoyed her fancy Macaroni and Cheese:


And then, as we have no spinnet, she provided us with an entertaining dance instead.


Dinner at Downton Elliot was quite enjoyable.


We hope you'll join us for dinner soon.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Girl! My comment is: I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Josie with shoes on. :)

Martha said...

ha! Probably not. Except she does like shoes, that's for sure!

Lisa Witherspoon said...

Looks like fun! :-)

Tara said...

You Ladies Elliot are so Fabulous! Wish I could join you! Cheers!! xo

Martha said...

It was Lisa! But then, we love any excuse to get dressed up.

Martha said...

Lady Tara, you know you are always welcome to dine at Downton Elliot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...