Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How I'm Surviving The Winter


This has been a miserable winter.  MISERABLE people!

The darn polar vortex, the endless snow storms, the gray skies and freezing temperatures ..... what possibly is there to love about this winter?


It is way too cold for human survival and to compensate for the frigid outside temperatures, the heat in our house has been blasting for the last two months.  My skin is dryer than paper, my hair is all static-y, I'm wearing all the clothes that I own at once and yet still I shiver.  

Sorry, winter, I'm just not feeling the love.

Josie and I are currently reading Anne of Green Gables each night before bed and we're learning a great deal about the power of imagination.  Just like Anne Shirley,  I've been exercising my imagination like crazy lately.


I pretend that the sun is shining outside.

And that my garden is full of light and beautiful flowers.


I imagine that the weather report says that it will be 85 degrees with a pleasant breeze today.


And I pretend that I'm sitting on a warm beach enjoying the sound of sea gulls and the repetitive lapping of the waves against the shore.


Care to join me?

5 comments:

Guymons said...

I love Anne of Green Gables!

I wont tell you that it has been in the 70's here for weeks. Needed to shave my legs so I could wear my capris. But it's dry also, so dry. Bradley gets bloody noses every day. We need rain for the drought and for the moisture for noses and skin!

Hope you get some warmth soon....and we get some winter.

Tara said...

Sounds like it might be a good time for a visit to the Western In-laws (where nearby, a long-time friend will serve up cocktails and cookie dough and take you to her favorite pedi-place… ;)

Martha said...

Drat to both of you Californians! I wish I could send some of our non-stop precipitation to dry CA!

Martha said...

Tara - Good idea! I could use a vacation!

Guymons said...

I just read this and thought of you... http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=702691

Hope you can do this with Henry someday...wouldn't that be so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...