Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Sad Ending (By Josie)


Hi.  This is Josie and I'm writing my mom's blog today.  I went to a Harvard hockey game last Friday night.  I was there because my hockey team got invited to play in between periods.  I drove to Harvard rink with my dad and we met my team there.  In the picture above, I am sitting waiting for the zamboni to finish cleaning the ice.  The game hadn't started.

In the middle of cleaning the ice, the zamboni stopped working.  Zamboni helpers went out to try to fix it but they couldn't.


We liked watching the zamboni helpers try to fix it.


They couldn't fix the zamboni so they had the Harvard hockey players come out and try to push the zamboni back into the little garage.


It took nine hockey players to push it.


Inside of the garage, zamboni fixers fixed it.  Then the game started.  We watched an entire period of the game.  At the end of the period, our coach said since the zamboni was broken still, we can't play in between periods.  We were really upset.


I stayed a few minutes longer and then we left.  


When we got home, we sat down and watched the Olympics ceremony on tv.  

I felt sad to miss playing in between periods at the Harvard game.  Some day, I'd like to try it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...