Monday, April 7, 2014

The Non-Post Post


I think this picture of Josie perfectly sums up our past few weeks.

We are all tired here in the House of Elliot.

Hockey has FINALLY ended.  Mercy maud is that one long season.  Luckily for us, soccer and lacrosse have taken hockey's place (can you read my eye roll in that sentence?).  Both "spring" sports are outdoors, in case you are wondering - which is hard to believe when there is snow on the ground and it's 30 degrees outside.  I know it's spring everywhere else but New England, because my sister Meredith has been sending me texts which include such happy phrases as "It's so great right now! 75 degrees and sunny!"which can be hard to appreciate when I'm in the middle of putting on my marshmallow-like parka for the sixth straight month and trying to pull my wool socks over my winter boots.

Surely it will warm up here in Massachusetts soon.

We'll have one warm-ish day but it will be followed by three freezing, raining days.  Thoughts of putting that parka away for the season (or burning it, for that matter) are quickly replaced by the great relief of having it on and being warm.

I've taken to spending a few minutes outside each afternoon, admiring the tiny sprouts that have started to appear in our garden.  I've been trying to give them encouraging words in hopes that they grow faster, but I think the lack of warm air isn't helping.

My camera, sadly, has been stuck in it's bag as of late.  I'm too tired of the dusty, dirty scenary outside my window to take any good photos.  I'll wait until the green returns.

We need to get out of our funk, obviously.  And luckily for us, the girls have a spring break soon and Henry's school gets out almost a month earlier than his sisters school does.  Even though it doesn't feel like spring, it actually is and the school year is winding down.  

If you happen to live in one of those places where spring arrives on time, would you mind sending some of your sun and warm air up to me?  

thank you!


3 comments:

Lisa Witherspoon said...

Completely agree! Ourlastcouple weeks have been insane & I am more than ready for a change of pace!

Lisa Witherspoon said...

Completely agree! Ourlastcouple weeks have been insane & I am more than ready for a change of pace!

Martha said...

Lisa - is it just me, or does it feel like the schools and all the activities are trying to squeeze in as much work as possible before the end of the school year / sports season!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...