Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Canobie Lake Park


Memorial Day was a rare free day.  Neither of the girls' soccer teams made the finals and Henry's lacrosse team had the day off in honor of the holiday.  We woke up to another day of gray skies and cold temperatures, but according to weather.com, things were going to pick up by the afternoon (note:  it never really did).  We could have spent the day lounging around the house, but I figured that it was high time for us to do something fun altogether as a family.  

We made a split-second decision to go to Canobie Lake Park in New Hampshire.


We never made it to Canobie Lake last summer, so Josie was hopeful that she had grown JUST ENOUGH to make it on some of the more adventurous rides.  

We started at the Cork Screw:




And then we did a few other rides before we headed over to lunch.



I'm not a huge ride fan (although I did do the Chair lift thingy and the Antique Cars with Josie).  Instead, I played Ride Photographer and got some great shots.

Here are Gordy, Georgia and Josie on the Starblaster seconds before take-off:


And a few moments later, on their way back down:



I took the roll of Miss Daisy in the Antique Cars:


Which was a great opportunity for me to witness what it will be like in seven years when Josie gets her driver's liscence (not too bad).

And I was able to take some photos of Georgia driving behind us:


Georgia said she had a hard time with the gas pedal, as that is her shorter leg and probably not her dominate foot.

We did ALL the rides.  All three roller coasters, the frisbee, the in-the-dark twisty ride, the swings... we were there for five hours, and it wasn't that crowded, so you do the math.

Our last ride of the day was the log flume.  Gordy and I stood at the bottom of the last drop:




It was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

2 comments:

atlantamomofthree.net said...

How fun! I am a lot like you (a fan of some of the milder rides, but otherwise content to tag along and take photos) :)
You got some great shots!
Btw, I found your blog on TMB.
~Valerie

Martha said...

Valerie - Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment! Your blog looks like a great read and I've added it to my reading list. I've found so many great blogs through TMB, I'm happy that someone else found me the same way.

Come back again soon.

-Martha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...