Thursday, May 29, 2014

End of The Month Randoms

I'm all caught up on social events and sporting activities, so today's post will be rather random.


The sun is actually shining today, so I'm in a much happier mood than I was, say, four days ago when I was in the midst of my angry Sports Snit.  It's still not warm here in New England, but things are a whole lot better when the sun is out.  And it helps that I haven't had to watch any sporting events in the last few days.  

Our garden is really blooming.  The rock steps to the driveway are covered in flowers and our azaleas are bursting with blooms:


A bird started (and then abandoned) a nest outside my office window.  I'm not sure what happened.


Not everything in the garden is blooming:


About eight of our holly bushes didn't survive the winter.


I know exactly how they feel.

The gardeners came and replaced all the Winter Blighted shrubbery.


We're still waiting for some other perennials that need to be put in to the garden - peonies, mostly.  I'm excited to get them all planted and frustrated at the continual delay.  These are plants that didn't get planted LAST summer since it was too late in the season to install them.  I don't want another spring to end before we can get them in.

I usually bring my camera to all the children's events, but I'm also grateful to friends who send their photos to me.   I was emailed the following two pictures after the May Day concert by someone who was a whole lot closer to the stage than I was.




Thank you, Jen.

I also made another trip out to Block Island this week - it was the coldest, darkest, rainiest day I have ever seen on the island, but it was still beautiful nonetheless.

Gray seemed to be the color of the day.


I didn't bring my big camera, but I took some photos using my phone.  The above is the last shot of the mainland before we left the bay, heading to the island and the below photo is of the waves of Ballard Beach on the island.


By the early afternoon, the weather had improved.  The color blue was more apparent.  I took this shot from the deck.  The storm was headed off to sea and the sun was starting to pop out.


I took the last photo while in my car on the ferry, right as we were about to disembark.

It always amazes me just HOW MANY cars those ferry guys can squeeze onto the ferry.


We have a packed weekend ahead of us:  sports, sports, sports, an extra soccer game in Connecticut, two different soccer parties, a friend's birthday and a cello recital.  It's never a dull moment around here.  Henry finishes school in a week but the girls have another month.  We are also busy getting Henry ready for his first summer camp experience.  There are packing lists and paper work everywhere, but I figure it's better to be organized than wait until the last minute.  

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...