Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there.  I woke up to find this beautiful card sitting at my place on the breakfast table.  We are down to just one child who is young enough to do a Mother's Day craft at school - the other two were presumably too busy studying for tests and writing papers.  

I enjoyed the inside of the card as much as the outside:


I'm spending my day as I spend every other Sunday:  helping with homework assignments, doing the Big Shop at the grocery store and driving 45 minutes to Lancaster, MA for two of Josie's soccer games.  Soccer games stop for no Hallmark Holiday.

6 comments:

Guymons said...

it's going to be too late to do after you read this, but----today on Twitter ALL the MLS and Women's National team players are posting pictures of them (when they were young soccer players) and their moms.....Take a photo of you and Georgia in her uniform. You two together! And you and the others in their uniforms. Since I am always the one taking the photos at games....in ALL my searching I only found ONE photo of Melanee and I in all her years playing. ONE. JUST ONE. Go take some, this year, while your kids are young!

Happy Mother's Day!!!! You have a great family, you must be a great mom! And just reading that card tells me that Josie thinks you are a great mom! That's all that really matters! Your kids love you!

Guymons said...

(I meant Josie's soccer games today!!!!)

Go Josie!!!!

Angie said...

I got a card from my Axle this year that he made at school. It had been so long since I'd gotten one. It melted my heart :)

Marcia Taams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene @ FindAuPair said...

Mother's Day is special. We need to appreciate more the women who gave us life and who will always be with us. Happy birthday to all mothers. I like the letter. Your child has put a lot of heart when he wrote it!

Martha said...

Thank you, Irene. How kind of you to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...