Sunday, July 20, 2014

Our Day-Trip Summer: The Mystic Aquarium


The day after the less-than-successful trip to Good Harbor Beach, I drove the children down to Connecticut to revisit the Mystic Aquarium.  

As we waited in line at the ticket window,  I began to regret my decision to leave the comfortable confines of my couch.  Henry was in a teasing mood and Josie was in no mood to be teased.  

It started with Henry taking Josie's hat ...


... and then not giving it back to her....


... and it ended with some angry words and a nice, big scene in front of the good people in Connecticut.


Maybe it's time for some blog honesty.  It's not all fun and games around here.

Things picked up after we entered the Aquarium.  We said hello to our favorite Baby Beluga:


and we found peace communing with the animals.


With a face like this:


How could you not?



Our favorite part had to be the tadpole bog:


Can you find the frog?  


There were hundreds of tadpoles and frogs and it was fascinating to see them all and to listen to their noises.  We probably spent more time walking through that exhibit than we did inside looking at the fish.

Although the fish were pretty great, too.


After Henry's year of Marine Biology, he was able to explain what we were seeing and to give us additional information about many of the creatures and marine life.  I was really impressed with how much Henry knew.




After we had touched all we could touch and seen all we could see, we left the Mystic Aquarium and headed in the town of Mystic for lunch and a little shop.


Ours was not the longest trip ever, but it was fun.

5 comments:

Guymons said...

the comment feature is not working, so i'm trying my comment here-

I hope Gordy brought a camera and blogs, I want to hear about the Spain trip....was it a soccer tournament to play in or watch???

It is SO hot here, I think I would jump right into that cold water!!!!

Martha said...

Hello Diane !

Gordy did bring along a camera and he did (just today) write two blog posts which will come soon. It was a soccer tournament called the Donosti Cup and they had a great time. I won't give away the results because Gordy will kill me!

Martha said...

Hello Diane !

Gordy did bring along a camera and he did (just today) write two blog posts which will come soon. It was a soccer tournament called the Donosti Cup and they had a great time. I won't give away the results because Gordy will kill me!

Angie said...

Glad things turned around and you all had a nice day!!

Martha said...

Angie - thanks, they did and we did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...