Sunday, August 24, 2014

Josie & I Walk The Fells


When you leave Boston, heading North on Route 93 in Massachusetts, you can see a pretty rock tower poking it head through a large park of trees.  It's very intriguing.

Gordy and I had brought a very young Henry and Georgia to visit the tower years ago but Josie had never been and suddenly she wanted to.

I tried to get the rest of the family to join us, but there weren't any other takers.  No one else felt like going for a hike - even though I assured them that it was short and easy.

I might have been able to sell Georgia on the swing, had I known that someone had put a swing up by the pond at the entrance of the hike.


We were headed to Wright's Tower, which I remembered as being locked, covered in broken glass pieces and disappointing.


But I also remember the "hike" being a short walk up a slowly-increasing incline.


The good news is that the Tower has been completely restored and cleaned-up.


The area around the Tower was glass and grafitti-free and the door was wide open and inviting.

Josie and I climbed to the top so we could enjoy the view of the Boston skyline.




I was right about the length and difficulty of the walk - it only took us about five minutes to get to the tower and we never broke a sweat.  Since the view at the top kept our interest for another 5-10 minutes, the whole trip was over pretty quickly.

We made it back to the parking lot and called Gordy to come pick us up, and while we waited, I took a photo of Josie sitting on the same rock that on which Henry and Georgia had posed for our Christmas Card photo in 2003.  

Here is Josie:



And here is the photo of Henry and Georgia:


We've come a long way!


4 comments:

Angie said...

What a great way to spend time with your daughter! It might have been a short trip but I'm sure it will be one she always remembers!

Anonymous said...

Oh that picture of Georgia and Henry!!
Love



tmm

Martha said...

trish - too funny, right!?! And I thought Henry was so old then!


I do wish I could get them all to wear matching sweaters again, though. Those were cute!

Martha said...

Angie - yes! It was short and sweet (and very fun)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...