Monday, September 22, 2014

A Weekend With Owen


I just got back from a wonderful weekend in Pennsylvania with Elizabeth, Sean and the ever-so-adorable Owen.  

Owen is now two and like all two year olds, he is Full Of Energy, so this was definitely a weekend on the go.

We took multiple walks, visited a neighborhood yard sale (where Owen tried out a toddler-sized slide and rummaged through a trunk full of stuffed animals) and spent a very pleasant hour at the playground.


Owen has learned to talk and he exercises this new skill from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep.  It's very charming.


On the evening of my arrival, Owen started calling me Apple and we have no idea why.  Sean's theory is that Owen saw my apple-patterned phone case, and that's probably a good guess.  In any case, Apple is a whole lot easier to say than Martha and having a fruit moniker made me feel like I was a celebrity child.  Should I admit on the internet that I'm older than Gwyneth Paltrow and therefore couldn't possibly claim to be Apple Martin?


From my weekend with Owen, I learned the following things:  Owen likes trucks and Peppa Pig, he knows his colors (for the most part), enjoys a good laugh when tickled, has this charming habit of lying back-down on the carpet and staring up at the ceiling as if he is outside staring at the stars, and he adorably calls out "Hello Daddy" "Hello Mommy" whenever the corresponding parent enters a room.


I also loved the way that he asked to be picked up.  ("mommy hug")


Spending a week with Owen did make me miss the two year old phase, although older kids are pretty wonderful, too.


See you in December, Owen!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Nice pictures! Owen has asked about Apple several times since you left. Including asking me if Apple poops? I told him I was sure you did. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...