Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas! Part One


My Christmas post is going to be a long one, so I've divided it up into two parts.  We had Christmas at our house which was probably a good thing considering the arrival of the puppy.  As is our usual, we got dressed up for Christmas Eve.

I wore one of Janice's gorgeous velvet, Batik skirts.  I asked Gordy to take a photo of me to show Janice, but this blurry shot is the best that he took.  


And I felt very warm and glamorous all evening.

Pippa Middleton enjoyed her first holiday at her new forever home.  And she really loved having ten extra people around to hold her and love her.


Having ten extra pairs of eyes on her did not guarantee that she remained accident-free, sadly.

My nephew Owen (who is now two and a half) was less impressed with all the extra people.  His usual Party of Three is more to his liking, but I was proud to say that by the end of the week, he was no longer yelling "Good Bye" every time he saw me!


I made a new cocktail - a prosecco, limoncello, raspberry mix that was stupendous, if I do say so myself.


The children drank sparkling apple juice - no need to panic or report me to the DCS.



We took our traditional photos by the fireplace (more to come in the next post):


All the girl cousins were coincidentally color-coordinated which was nice.




Owen missed out on the group present opening on Christmas Eve as he has a sensible bedtime, but he did get to open a few gifts while we ate appetizers.


Owen said a merry "Happy Birthday!" after each new present arrived.  

His statement is one that Josie hopes will replace her "I ALMOST wanted this!" comment when she was three and is still the running joke of the Christmas holidays (Josie's comment replaced Avery's "Pink Glubs!" exclamation, but sadly, until the grandchildren arrive or someone else says something embarrassing, Owen's will stay in our minds).


Sorry, Owen.  


Stay tuned for Part Two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...