Thursday, December 4, 2014

Janice's Batik Art


Gordy's mother is an amazing artist.  She even went to the Fiorello LaGuardia High School of Music and Art in New York (Fame!).  In the 1970s, Janice became interested in the art of Batik and while we on the Cape over Thanksgiving, she showed us some of her wonderful batik pieces.

Janice's batik collection includes skirts, wall hangings, and shirts.  They are all beautiful and the girls and I leapt at the chance to try them on.


Josie did the most modeling.  She tried on a beautiful brown wrap skirt and a quilted jacket.





I also tried on two skirts that Janice made, including a gorgeous red and black velvet skirt that I'm planning to wear on Christmas eve (stay tuned for photos).

Gordy also did his share.  He tried on this groovy batik tunic:


Yeah, baby, Yeah!


I'm saving this tulip skirt for teenage Georgia - doesn't it look beautiful on her? 


These clothes are such great works of art.  We were thrilled to see them and to try them on.  I'm excited to wear the velvet skirt over the holidays and I'm also excited about the magenta cotton wrap skirt I snagged for summer.  My wardrobe is suddenly very colorful and a whole lot more interesting!



Isn't this tree beautiful?  Janice has a great eye for color combinations, right?  


Gorgeous!

1 comment:

Guymons said...

That's so neat that her art is wearable and useful. And, the picture of Gordy really does look "groovy". FUN and BEAUTIFUL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...