Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Playing In The Sand (Saand)


With all these blizzards and all these snow days, we've been stuck in our house.  We've watched a lot of tv, we've played more than our share of computer games and we've eaten a whole lot of junk food.  But we've also spent a lot of time making sand castles.  

Martha, did you really mean to say sand castles?

Yes, I did.  But let me clarify.  I'm actually talking about Saand Castles.  Josie received a few jars of Saand from her grandparents for Christmas and it ends up they were a perfect gift for this house-bound winter.


Saand is sand mixed with silicone and it molds really well while never drying out.  


There is something very soothing about playing with sand inside your house during a miserable snowstorm (evidence of which is out the window, behind Josie's right shoulder).


We all got involved with the saand play.  


And it helped take our mind off the snow-shoveling that was in our future.  


I spread my sand out in a tray and thought about putting it on the floor and walking around on top of it for a while, to pretend I was in the Carribean.  


And then I remembered that we have a puppy on the floor who is determined to taste her way through life and introducing green sand to her stomach is probably not the smartest idea.


A girl can still dream, though, can't I?


So thank you, Grandma and Grandpa.  Thank you for a few minutes of peaceful daydreams.  We needed them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...