Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I'm Now A Shopkeeper: My New Etsy Shop


Last fall, I took a sewing class in Arlington.  It was my goal to learn to make a well-crafted pillow cover that I could eventually sell on Etsy.  

I did learn to make pillow covers, but what with hosting Christmas, surviving all the snow storms and taking care of the new puppy, I haven't had as much time to sew and create pillow inventory as I would like.  I plan to change that this spring and summer. 

I have a ton of ideas for pillows that I want to create.  Having decorated our Block Island house mostly through Etsy and other on-line decorating websites, I feel I have a good idea about what the market still needs.  I just need to carve out the the time to create.

In the mean time, I've opened an Etsy shop and I'm selling some of my photographs.  



I've named the shop 4 Feet and A Mouth Studios - since that's Pippa Middleton's favorite game and we all thought a pug theme would be appropriate.

The shop has only been open for a couple of weeks and over the weekend, I made my first sale!  I'm hoping to ship out that order tomorrow, which is really exciting.

Please feel free to check out my shop (frequently!).  The more traffic my shop generates, the higher up my items will climb in the searches.

So far, I have three photographs listed, but I plan to continually add more items.   I've included the giraffe print that I made for Georgia's room:


I took the photo during our vacation to Disney World a few years ago and Henry helped me photoshop the background.  He and I are going to split the profits from the sale of this print.

I've also listed one of my favorite Block Island photographs:



I took this photo during our annual Block Island vacation a couple of years ago and I find myself staring at it constantly during the winter months.  It's very soothing, no?  I think it would look beautiful framed and hanging on a wall.  I can custom print up to 20x30 inches, but each print comes in multiple sizes.


Please stop by my ETSY SHOP.

If you have an etsy account, feel free to like my items and add my shop to your favorites.

And if you are interested in purchasing a print (or two or three), that would be wonderful, too.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Terri said...

LOVE the sunset picture!!!! As soon as the dollar comes up I will be ordering one!!!! Keep going girl!

Alex Anderson said...

That is wonderful news, Elliot! I'm glad that you're now materializing your ideas. I would love to see those photographs in the form of pillow covers one day. The shot you took of the giraffe from Disney World is especially lovely. Henry did a great job in editing out the background. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! More power to you and your business! :)

Alex Anderson @ Business Marketing Toolbox

Jennefer Neely said...

You take good photos, Martha! It's such great news that you already made your first sale just a couple of weeks after opening your shop. I'm sure your online business will take you far, if you'll be consistent and keep up what you've been doing. In any way, thanks for sharing that! More power to you and your business!


Jennefer Neely @ Plastic Otter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...