Thursday, September 10, 2015

Block Island With My Parents



Josie and I brought my parents to Block Island for Labor Day weekend.  We arrived late Saturday afternoon and had cocktail hour on the beach.

Josie took my camera and acted as the event photographer.



She got some great shots.





There was some sort of sailing regatta going on outside our house on Saturday.  After going to get Killer Donuts, we sat on the porch for awhile and watched the boats sail by.



Saturday was our day of walking trails and touristy attractions.  We took walks through Rodman's Hollow, Grace's Cove, and The Dodge Family Preserve.









After lunch, we brought Granny and Grandfather to town and to the zoo so that they could meet Tank the Tortoise and the new camels.



We also introduced them to my favorite Block Island activity:  sitting on the porch and doing nothing.






Stay tuned for Sunday and Monday festivities!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...