Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Snow!



Well, it finally happened - we got snow on Saturday night.  The original forecast was for snow "showers" (which implies that the snow isn't going to stick) and then they changed the snow forecast to 1-3 inches.  Georgia and I went to soccer party in Lexington and while we were driving there, snow was starting to fall.


When we left the party, three hours later, there was already about 3 inches of snow on the ground.  I'm a complete wuss when it comes to driving in the snow, but the main streets (in Lexington) were plowed and while we had to go slowly, things weren't scary.  

That changed once we crossed the line into our town.  I'm not sure what the deal is, but Winchester seems to prefer to wait until the snow storm is over before they plow.  Native New Englanders do not mind this, but those of us who grew up in less snowy states, wonder why the BLEEP! the town can't keep the roads clear.



I had to pick up Josie (who was at a friend's house) on our way home, which meant that we had to go down a pretty steep hill, but my car managed to do it without sliding (no one was more surprised than me!).


We got home safely and I was pretty impressed that I had managed to keep my cool.  

I told you I was a wuss.

The next morning, we woke to find about 5 inches of snow - which means that Gordy got out the snow blower to clear our driveway.


Georgia had a soccer tournament, but Josie and I were free.  We decided to call a friend and go sledding.  

Enjoying the snow by playing in it, is the New England equivalent of turning lemons into lemonade.  

Snow is not my favorite, but I do enjoy sledding.  See how I managed to turn a negative into a positive?  ha!


I didn't actually go sledding this time.  I stood at the bottom of the hill and watched Josie and L have all the fun.



It was freezing, but the girls were kept warm by trudging up the hill time after time.





But this is enough snow for the year, in my opinion.  

Are you listening, Mother Nature?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...