Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Prep


Look at this everyone.  See those frozen casseroles?  That's Friday's dinner.

Whoop whoop!

I'm prepared people!


Josie (and Henry) are on vacation this week, so I enlisted Josie's help to make dinner for tonight and then put together two lasagnas for Friday.  We're hosting Christmas at our house and everyone but my parents arrive on Friday. 


I'm not the best cook in the world, so when hosting multiple dinners, I usually stick to dishes that I can make ahead of time and which are mostly fool proof.

Because I am definitely a fool when it comes to cooking.

We started off making a spinach, potato, egg casserole for dinner tonight.  Josie has hockey practice, so it helps to have something easy that one of the teenagers can stick in the oven at the last minute, so we don't have to wait too long to eat once we all get home.


I make a lot of casseroles.


Next up was the two lasagnas - one with ricotta cheese and one without for those of us with ricotta-free stomachs.


Both lasagnas have meat - half ground beef and half spicy Italian sausage.


Josie put together the ricotta lasagna and I put together the ricotta-free lasagna.


And then we wrapped them up with foil, put them in plastic bags and stuck them in the freezer.  Tonight, if I have time, I'm going to make a chicken enchilada soup for Monday night.  

We are prepared for Christmas.  I've wrapped most of the presents, we got a tree and decorated the house.  I've menu-planned and Josie is going to make some cookies... I think we're doing well.  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...